Each purchase of our themes comes with 6 months of timely, 5 star rated support which you can extend at any time. Our themes do not come with free customization work. There is a very fine line between theme support and customization and whilst we’re happy and ready to help with your theme support questions, we cannot help your modify or extend the theme beyond its advertised features & capabilities.
The information below will help you distinguish and understand the difference between theme support and customizations, if you then need to open a support ticket, a link is given.
Theme Support Examples
- “My theme is broken. I’ve followed all the necessary steps to set up the theme, including watching the install video or help documents included with the theme, but still can’t get the theme to work.”
- “My theme does not work as advertised. I’ve set it up as directed, but for some reason my theme doesn’t look like it should.”
- “My theme has an obvious bug which is preventing me from using the theme properly.”
As you can see, theme support issues interfere with the intended functionality of the theme. These issues prevent the theme from working as advertised and will be supported.
Theme Customization Examples
- How do I change an element to look or function differently than shown in the demo?
- I would like to add or remove an element from the header, what do I do?
- A plugin not recommended/required by the theme on install breaks my theme or causes unexpected behavior.
As you can see, theme customization has to do with preference, rather than actual theme issues. It requires customizing the theme beyond the scope of the theme’s intended style or functionality. These kinds of requests cannot be fulfilled in the support forums unfortunately.
We do offer paid customization services for our theme collection. Visit the Customizations page to get started by posting your project on Codeable.
3rd Party Plugins
In a perfect world, every theme would work with every plugin. But for every great plugin out there, you have a poorly coded one. Because of this, we simply can’t support every 3rd party plugin. However, we do try our best to make the themes compatible with all of the popular plugins out there, and it’s a continuing effort.
That being said, we don’t consider non-compatibility with plugins a theme support issue. The theme is only guaranteed to work as shown, with the plugins suggested. If you want to force compatibility, it will be up to you to work out a solution.
Everyone is a newbie at WordPress at one point or another. We’ve all struggled through the ins and outs of WordPress and spent many hours hunting down answers on Google and StackExchange.
Unfortunately, our support tickets are not the best place for asking general WordPress questions. We’d happily answer every question you could throw at us, if there was enough time in the day! So we ask that you focus on asking theme-specific questions while seeking help.
Please check out some of the links below to help with your general WordPress questions.
Many thanks to ArrayThemes for the structure and inspiration of this support policy page.